Thursday, March 11, 2010

Memories

I've been thinking a lot about things that have happened in my life in the past....you know, in my childhood and with my family and friends and school. Boyfriends and play times.
The thing is I'm not sure what I remember correctly and what has been colored by time. Stories that come down through the years sometimes get embellished or important things forgotten. No two people, even brothers and sisters, remember stuff the same way.
So if I write my personal life history, will it be true? Or will it be fantasy?
I also wanted to contact a childhood friend. Someone who I played with and cherished as almost a sister for several years when we were very young. But many, many years have come and gone and I don't have a clue as to where she could be. I thought I had found her brother, but the letter I sent to him came back today "Unable to deliver, no forwarding address". So very disappointing.
What is important to write? Only the good and happy times, or should I include the sad and miserable times too? Should I include the mistakes I made (heaven forbid that I ever made any :D ) and let my posterity know that I was human and tempted just like everyone else on the planet.
Will my memories be of any interest to anyone else on this earth, or will it only be of benifit to me? To validate a life lives, boring and uneventful or exciting and adventurous though it may be.
In the meantime....until I decide to continue writting the life history my daughter-in-law has been begging me for- I guess I will keep thinking about my past and maybe one day, I will open up a word document and continue where I left off.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay!!!! yes! It needs to be written. Even if time has colored it a little, they're still your memories and that's what's important! The good, the bad, the ugly... I think it should all be there. It helps others realize they are not the only ones who do stupid things! :)We are all human, we all make mistakes, & we all need each other and our Savior!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

YAY Linda! It does need to be written. I put mine into my blog called jelly. There, when you come to a stopping point they'll print it up for you. I gave a copy of mine to each of my boys and my granddaughter last CHristmas! You can splash it all over with photos, etc, and it comes out looking beautiful!

Take a look! Tell me what you think!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross says "If there are things you want to do, do them now."

Good advice, if you ask me! You didn't, but there you go.

kerrdelune said...

Lovely blog and how good it is to meet another GSP mom!