Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not Much, But Alot


Not much has happened with Gary and I over the last week. Life goes on as usual. Get up, feed the dog, unlock the gate, let the chicken's out, etc.,etc.,etc.
We still work out, well Gary does better than I do at that, but I am maintaining and not gaining any weight back so there is that to be thankful for.
We went to see the movie "Knowing" and I thought it was really good. Lots of special effects and a great ending.
We had all of our local family over for a BBQ. It snowed and rained, so the guys cooked outside and we ate inside.
I hugged my grandson until he couldn't stand it anymore before he left for the evening. He will be in Fort Benning Georgia by tomorrow night to start boot camp for the Rangers.
We celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary the next day by exercising and then going to Arby's for their new roast beef sandwich.
And yesterday we got an email from our missionary grandson in Mexico. He had a rough start, but is finally doing better. His feet are healing and he likes his new companion. He still is adjusting to seeing all the Mexican military out in force and the extreme poverty, but I think he is enjoying the work now.
Today I cleaned house, watched it hail, rain and snow with occasional bits of sunshine.
I'm reading a book called "Lone Survivor" aloud to Gary. It's a great true story of a Navy Seal who was the only one of his team to survive a combat mission.
So I guess alot has happened this week now that I look back over the days.

4 comments:

Olinselot said...

Well first off...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I'm sad I didnt' remember on the day of. RIley and Brick are both great and it will be fun to see them grow and mature in to awesome men. we're back from gooding and I'm sure we'll see you soon, the boys are having withdrawls. Miss ya.

Mystial Batwoman said...

Uh yeah first off...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I too am sad we didn't remember the day when the two coolest grandparents hooked up! I'm sad we didn't get to say a better goodbye to Riley! When you get his address let us know. The kids wrote letters for him and Brick. Love and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay!! What a blessing!

Ya know what? I borrowed that same book from the library, but I have yet to start reading it....

Hope you have a great weekend!

peg said...

Well goodness! I also had in mind to send you guys an Anniversary card and time just got busy and I forgot to send it!
So Happy Belated Anniversary!
Love you guys!!