Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Faith and Families

I love this picture of the little birds all huddled together, still asleep, holding tight to the tiny branch.
It reminds me of families being support groups for each other in this troubled world.
I've been reading a book called the Survivors Club which is a study of why some people are survivors and others die or give-up. It's an excellent book and I was fascinated with the stories of plane or car crashes, or simple accidents (like the opening story of a woman who tripped on the stairs and stabbed herself in the heart with a knitting needle she had in her bag) and the people who survived.
One of the main reasons for survival is FAITH. Those who have faith in a supreme being are the most likely to survive. Another reason is a SUPPORT GROUP. "the larger the gathering in the hospital waiting room, the more likely the patient is to survive".
There are lots of other reasons to, such as not panicking , using common sense, and going with your "gut" instincts, but I was really impressed with the importance of faith and support being top reasons.
This proves how important God is in our lives and why He planned on us having families.
Of course I knew this before I read the book, it's just nice that the author agrees with me!

1 comment:

Mystial Batwoman said...

Yikes, I will never walk down the stairs with my crochet hooks again!