Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Better Today

I am doing better now. All my life I have just periodically "hit the wall" and have to take a day or two to re-coop, re-affirm, that life is worth living and that my body can do stuff, even if I don't think it can.
Weather affects me a great deal, all white or gray skies for days on end will do me in faster than anything. I am a sun worshipper and feel 100% better when the weather is nice and I can be outside. Guess that is a leftover from growing up in California.
I also have to take meds for depression and if I run out or think I can do without them, then I am in trouble fairly fast. It only takes as long as for the meds to get out of my system for me to go down hill fast.
Depression is a vicious circle. You feel bad about stuff, you feel guilty for feeling bad because you have so much, and then you get more depressed. All it takes is someone telling you to get over it and the spiral is faster and deeper. Those that claim that faith alone will help have never suffered from real depression because I have great faith and still have times when depression overwhelms me. God didn't put doctors on earth for nothing!!
I have a great husband that has learned to just let me have my down days and not say anything and he has the patience to let me work through it all.
Today it is cloudy and windy and cold again, but I will try to stay busy and get outside for alittle while anyway and keep on, keeping on.
Thanks for the supportive comments, I needed them.

2 comments:

peg said...

I think it runs in the family to worship the sun. Even though I live in Calif I don't get out as much as I'd like and sometimes feel like i need to kick the walls down.
You are still a ray of sunshine in the lives of those that love you.
And your little sis LOVEs you!!

Mystial Batwoman said...

Glad to hear you're feelin better mom!