Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Painted Toe Nails


When I was a teenager, I used to spend a lot of time growing, filing and painting my finger and toe nails. The only colors in those days were clear, pink tinted clear, pink and bright red. I was only allowed to wear clear or pink.
I took great pride in having beautifully long shapely fingernails and well groomed toes.
Then I married my sweet hubby and had children and between the two the nails went by the wayside. Short fingernails and no polish at all. Sweet hubby likes the natural look! Plus it took to much self-centered time.
After the kids were older, I was working in food service and fingernails were kept short and polish wouldn't have lasted a day!
Now that I am in my sixties and retired I have the time and could do my nails if I wanted, but sweet hubby would not approve.
Last weekend though I stayed with my grand-kids and daughter-in-law who talked me into letting her paint my toe nails and put flower stickers on them! My little 3 year old granddaughter did her nails too!
Suddenly I felt 30 years younger, glamorous, and sexy! Now I have narly old toes and hideous toenails but that bright red polish changed all that in an instant! Gone were the thick nails, in was the long slender foot!
It is now 5 days later and the polish is gone and my old lady feet are back, but for those 5 days I was a changed woman!
Thank you sweet daughter-in-law, thank you!

2 comments:

peg said...

I too try to do my nails once in a while just to give myself a boost but life too often gets busy and I'm back to the thin ugly nail look!
More important things in life to worry about I guess.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

For the last 3 years my sweet daughters-in-law have done the same for me!