Monday, August 26, 2013

Don't Worry, Have Faith

This last week I learned that one of my son's and his family are going to move all the way across the United States of America within the next month.
He has a wonderful job opportunity there and it is an absolutely gorgeous state with forests, lakes, oceans, and fresh seafood right out the back door.  I am sure they and their boys will thrive and be very happy there.
At the same time.......they are moving CLEAR ACROSS AMERICA!!!
I am spoiled. 
 Almost all of my kids and grandkids have lived within 3 hours of us.  They could all drive here and spend the weekend easily.  I could travel in 1/2 a day to babysit for them if the parents wanted to have some private time together.
At the same time, none of us lived close enough to get in each others faces all the time. 
 A perfect plan.
When I first heard of the moving plan, I fretted and silently prayed that they would never do it.  But they are.
Then I decided I was being selfish and delusional.  After all, I had done the same thing to my parents and they had done the same thing to their parents. My mom and dad moved from Oklahoma to California when I was a baby and left their parents and only saw them twice more before my grandparents passed away.
Sweet hubby and I moved far enough away that I only visited once a year to see my own parents until they both passed.
So, I am going to trust in the plans that our son and family have made and trust that Heavenly Father will watch over them and guide them.
I'm also going to go buy a webcam so those 3 grandsons won't forget what I look like!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ya momma.
Damon

peg said...

So hard I know. Try to think of the positive things....you live in a time of webcams so you can talk face to face. You can now take vacations to the other side of US and see the beautiful sights there!
Hugs!!!!!!