Friday, August 30, 2013

Football Season is Here!

So last night began the annual widowhood of this woman whose husband loves and worships FOOTBALL!
This means several things.  
1. The husband will only hear things related to football.
2. The husband will go around either ecstatic or in deep depression according to whether    his team won or lost.
3. There better be lots of chips, pops, nuts and more pop in the house.
4. He will look at me and if I am not in team colors, he will not see me.
5. I can go shopping all I want and will not be missed as long as #3 is covered.
6. I need to either love football also or have lots of movies, books or shopping trips planned.

My sweet hubby loves 

St Anthony Cougars
So he has games whenever the high schools play or the BYU Cougars play.  He can either go to the games or watch them on TV.  He also needs to watch the competition play to see how they will be in comparison to BYU.  AND, he has to check the stats on the internet and find out what everyone else is saying on the chat rooms. So football is a menu filling every day

I am sure there are more things on this list.  I've forgotten some things from last year....sort of like forgetting how childbirth feels after the child is 3 or 4 years old. But you get the idea.  Men are in a world of their own during the season and everything else is secondary to them.  
So, from August until after the Super Bowl, I can count on my sweet hubby to only be partially aware that I exist.......oh, but wait......Basketball season is in there, along with Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, Lacrosse, Bowling, Pool, etc, etc,etc,etc.......................

3 comments:

peg said...

Hey sis we live in the same house!!! OH, but in my house the main focus is BASEBALL!! :) Regular season baseball, winter league season baseball, all teams because they all contribute to the stats that are kept track of....it goes on all year long!

peg said...

oh and by the way....tomorrow my sweet hubby is going to an Aztec college football game!

Anonymous said...

It's funny because it's true!
Damon