Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank you Shawna!

Recently my son and daughter-in-law did some remodeling and ended up with several wonderful old windows. When they came to visit this summer they brought me one of the windows and I was told to decorate and use it however I liked.
So I cleaned it and it sat in my bedroom for awhile as I thought about what I would like to do with it.
Finally I collected some flowers from around my yard. Lavender, daisies, pansies, petunias, and other flowers the names of which I don't know.
I arranged them on a big cardboard panel that was covered with a piece of pellon, put another piece of pellon on top and then another cardboard panel and then stacked a bunch of heavy books on top evenly to weight it all down and left it for about 3 weeks.
Then I carefully took it all apart and used "Modge Podge" to glue all the flowers in place on the center pane of glass in the window. Of course I made a mess and ended up deciding to splatter the modge podge on and hope when it dried that it would look like raindrops....which surprisingly it is!!
Sweet hubby hung it up for me today with special hooks and screws (it is VERY heavy) and I couldn't wait to show you the pictures.
I may go get some "Galaxy Glass" which is a paint that you use on glass and it drys to look like stained glass and fill in the small panes around the outside of the window, but I will decide on that later.
Right now, thank you Damon and Shawna, each morning when I wake up, no matter what the season or weather outside, I will see spring right in my bedroom!

5 comments:

Olinselot said...

very good idea! very cute for sure. Shawna is the best.

peg said...

You are so very creative and talented!

Damon said...

Oh I love the idea of seeing flowers out your window all year! Glad you like it and I love what you did with it! I'm still scratching my head over what to do with the rest.

Delsa said...

Very, very cute! and....very creative! Love that idea!

Nikki said...

Wow, did I really figure this commenting thing out? I hope this goes through!
Great job on the window Mom! I love how you used the modge podge, it's so cute! My window is still sitting in my living room waiting for me to make it even cuter than it already is! Yeah, thanks Shawna! Your the best!
~Nikki