Friday, April 24, 2009

Change, change, change

Boy have I been fooled by the April fools joke! It was so sunny and warm, fooled me into thinking spring was here at last, changed to all my summer clothes, cleaned out the sandbox for the kids, put the chairs, etc out on the deck.
It is snowing this morning and grey clouds over head. The weather man says this will last until at least the middle of next week.
I think life is like the weather.
Each day I wake up and in my mind I plan out the day and what I want to do and how, or what I order I will do these things.
Some times it is the weather that changes my ideas for the day....like today.
Some times what I thought I was going to do changes as soon as I get up and my body tells me otherwise with all it's aches and pains.
Sometimes my sweet hubby has other plans that sound much more interesting or needful that the ones I had.
Before I retired I had all these plans for travel and fun things to do. But reality hit and economic facts changed most of my goals. This is no-ones fault, just sheer reality and facts. Still hard even for a pretty adaptable person like me.
Now I realize that each day is a new adventure waiting to let me know which direction it will take me. I have learned to focus on being even more adaptable than I thought I was and to come to the realization that no ones life is truly their own.
It belongs to your spouse, your children, your grandchildren, your neighbor and your friends. And most of all it belongs to your relationship with your Heavenly Father and what he wants you to do with it.
What will today bring to me? I don't know yet, I'm the only one up so far and it's snowing outside. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true! My life is most definitely not my own, and I've learned that my plans are truly never set in stone. :-) I hope you had a great day today. I like your new blog design. Very pretty!