Friday, July 17, 2009

Ah the Miracle of Life


I said I wasn't going to blog for a week, but then this little miracle occurred yesterday so I had to tell you.
Odie brought home a partially hatched egg and I, being the optimist that I am, thought whatever it was would promptly die.
Instead it was breathing and wiggling so Emily, Joe and Mason immediately took it under their collective wings and watched over it all night, making sure it was safe from Odie and warm.

And then this morning I found them with a cute baby mallard all hatched and fluffy. It had mostly "imprinted" on Emily. I know she lost the most sleep over it because she later took a nap.

A few hours later they had "Rudy" swimming in the tank with them. And even later, they were feeding him tiny grasshoppers.
Each day brings new surprises on these happy 4 acres!









3 comments:

Olinselot said...

okay! I"m sure Emily loved that! That's so awesome! I hope the little thing survives.

peg said...

oh how neat!

Anonymous said...

Glad you shared! That is so neat!