Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Early Riser

I like to sleep in now that I am retired and sometimes don't get up until around 8:30 or 9 a.m. but this morning I woke up at 6a.m. and felt rested and ready to get up. Amazing since I was so tired last night that I could hardly walk to bed!
It is nice and cool and a light cloud dusting in the sky with a nice soft breeze. I can hear the local crop duster buzzing right over our house every half hour or so when he goes back to the airport to refill his chemical bin and then back again to what ever field he is spraying.
We have a bazillion birds living in our trees, so there is the usual chorus of bird chatter, an occasional dog barking and car whizzing past on the road in front of our house.
Ah the quiet of country life.
We've been working in the yard alot lately, moving flowers and bushes and re-seeding the lawn, making it all easier to take care of for us old people with bad knees and backs. I think we are done with the major stuff out there now and we have moved into the house.
We've been in this house for about 4 years now and we re-did the kitchen, living and family room fairly quickly, but we finally got around to the bedrooms and "Cougar" room this summer.
The cougar room is Gary's domain dedicated to the BYU Cougar football team. The colors are navy blue and white (blue on the lower part of the walls and white above with a BYU boarder separating the two colors. There are posters and pictures of various pictures of the players and one wall dedicated to our sons sports pictures and awards. There is also an American flag that was flown in Afganistan, where our nephew served in the military, on the main wall of the room.
And now the crowning glory! A 47" flat screen high def TV in the place of honor! And then we found out we have to spend $200 more to get the special high def Direct TV box so that we can actually see the high def!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Olinselot said...

oh I didn't realize those boxes were so much money! Well I guess it's all in the name of Cougar football....so Rah Rah Rah! ha ha. I was up early too, but it was a poopy diaper calling my name, and a grumpy baby kicking me in the stomach....ahh the life of a Mommy.

Mystial Batwoman said...

Holy Moly...I guess that is the next best thing to season tickets! So fun! Can't wait to see you guys.

peg said...

Don't ya just love these new fancy gadgets that not only cost a bundle but then by the time it takes us old folks to figure out how to use them they come out with more new stuff to replace it!