Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Game Ideas

Well things are back to normal here on 4 acres. I finally feel rested and the house is clean and the yard is all picked up. I miss everyone already, in fact I started missing them Saturday afternoon. The house was too quiet.
I thought I would share some of the games we had for the kids.
Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the kids playing these games as I was busy helping them play.
Obstacle Race- The kids had to walk across a 2/4 about 12 feet long that had balloons tied on it about every 3 feet. When they reached a balloon they had to spell their name. Then they had to grab a squirt bottle and spray a cardboard picture of a giant with water. Next was a water balloon toss and catch. A run through the sprinkler to a frisbee toss. Next was sit on a big balloon and pop it, climb a step ladder and then the popcorn race. We made small drink cups with rubber bands on the bottom. The child put the rubber band on over his shoe and we put popcorn in the cup and they had to walk to a bin and dump the popcorn in. The kids played this over and over until all the balloons and popcorn were gone.
Photo Hunt - About a week before I took pictures of things around the yard. Everyday objects like a faucet handle, a fence post, bird house, wind chimes, door knobs, sprinkler, etc up close look different when viewed in black and white. I downloaded the pictures on my pc and printed them in black and white and cut them out. I put a short clue on the back of each picture (birdies live here, turn this for wet stuff, etc).
The kids loved this one too, even the older 3 grandkids had a hard time with a few items. I showed them the pictures one at a time and they had to run and touch the item and then run back. Great exercise!!

2 comments:

peg said...

Great game ideas! I bet they loved every minute of the time they had at your home!

Mystial Batwoman said...

These were great! I think I'll share them at Nature For Kids if you don't mind :)